Followers

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

No Deal

"What are you doing here?" I shout to the prisoner. "That was a good nap I had." He says slightly aloof. "That's good to hear, but you can't be here." "Relax. You don't even know what I want." "I know exactly what you want. You want more of those hearts. You're an addict." "Look at you jumping to conclusions. Isn't it possible that maybe just maybe I'm after something else?" I grit my teeth. I decide to play along. "What do you want?" The prisoner laughs. "I'm just fucking with you. Of course I'm after the hearts." "Well you can't have them." I say. "Don't  leave me hanging." I start to walk away. "Where am I supposed to get my kicks now?" I turn slightly. "I don't know and I don't care." I enter the fountain shop, leaving the prisoner alone on the sidewalk. "I'll be just fine." He shouts to no one.

No comments:

Post a Comment