Followers

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Distraught

Bella ran into the fountain shop. She slammed the door against the wall.Every head in the store turned to her, including Wilber. Wilber saw Bella's distraught appearance, and naturally thought she was upset with him. "I'm better now, but I was sick earlier. Very sick. " He says the last part to Norm who is standing next to him. "Yeah. He was sick as a dog." Norm says. "What? No, I don't care about that." Bella replies trying to catch her breath. Norm rolls his eyes. "Nice to know you care about the guy." "I have a problem." She shouts. "Yeah, you and everyone else." Norm remarks. "Would you shut up? There is a man in my store, and no, he is not supposed to be there." Everyone is suddenly quiet. "What does the man look like?" Wilber asks. Bella shrugs. "I don't know. Long, tangled beard. Dirty trench coat." Norm turns to me. "He sure sounds familiar." "I thought you dealt with him." Wilbur says. "I did..sort of. " Wilber sighs. "I got this." "No, I can do this." I say. Wilber shakes his head and throws off his apron. "No. I will do it. I was in the army after all."

No comments:

Post a Comment