Followers

Friday, July 28, 2017

Preparing the Exile

How do you exile someone properly? Easy, you send Olivia and Scott to do it. I was actually starting to feel bad for the madman, or Jack as I've been recently told. He's been smacked, stabbed and bound, but I have to remind myself that he's the bad guy. That he's the one who broke into Bella's store nearly scaring her to death. Wilber wrapped chains around Jack's body. He then gave Olivia and  I the ends of the chain. I remember seeing in a book a man being dragged out of his house in Salem. He was in chains very much like these. I'm not saying that Jack is a witch or even wrongly accused, but the whole thing feels off. Like we're regressing. Then again, I don't know what the right way is to go about this. "Where should we take him?" I ask. "To the outskirts of town." Wilber replies. "That doesn't seem very far." "Then take him further." Wilber scolds. "But how do you know he won't come back?" "He won't."

No comments:

Post a Comment