Followers

Friday, July 14, 2017

Glowing

Wilber bursted into the shop singing "I Could Have Danced All Night" from "My Fair Lady."  He grabbed a broom and pantomimed dancing with a woman. This was long after closing, so there were no customers around to gawk. Though, I don't think he would mind. He was absolutely gleeful. "I take it your date went well." Olivia says. "Well? That's an understatement. I'm in love." He replies, dipping his broom partner. "When do you see her again?" Olivia asks. "Tomorrow." "Tomorrow? That's awfully soon. Don't you think?" Norm says. Wilber slows his dancing. He is now is self conscious. "You think it's too soon?" "No, you're fine." Olivia assures. "I don't know. He might come off as needy." Norm says. Olivia turns Norm. "Norm, shut up." Wilber stops dancing all together. He holds the broom tightly. "I don't want to look needy. This is exactly what I was worried about." "You won't look needy. She was having a fun time. You were having a fun time. Just be confident." Olivia says calmly. Wilber breaths heavily. "Maybe I should postpone the date." "I don't understand. You just said you're in love." I jump in. "I am in love, but I need some time to mentally prepare. I think it's wise if I postpone it." Olivia sighs. "Do what you have to do." Wilber thinks for a moment then looks at me and Olivia. "Maybe you two could tell her." "What?" "Yes, it would sound much better coming from you than me." "This isn't some weird 80's high school sit com." I say. Wilber folds his hands. "Please, it would mean the world to me." I roll my eyes. "Fine, but not now. "  Wilber shakes his head. "No, it's far too late now. You must go first thing in the morning."

No comments:

Post a Comment