Followers

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Nothing Strange

The upside to leading an exile that I didn't exactly care to be a part of was that it was a pleasant day. There was a cool breeze, there were puffy clouds, and the sky was a curulean blue. Yes sir, the nice day almost made me forget how odd this whole thing was. Almost. "How much further are  the outskirts?" Olivia asks. "I don't. Maybe Jack knows." I say. Jack snickers to himself then replies. "Much further."  I stop walking. Which in turn forces Olivia and Jack to stop walking. "What's the hold up?" Olivia asks. "I don't feel like walking anymore." I say. "I don't either, but we have to." "Do we?" I ask. "I think we do." Olivia starts to walk. I still don't budge. "Maybe there's another way." I say. "Like what?" "What if we we took him underground?" I say, glancing at a manhole. "That's not out of town." Olivia reminds. "Maybe not, but it's out of sight." "I don't know about this. He could still come back if we place him underground." "He could, but there's also nothing to stop coming back if we took him way out to the outskirts of town. " "That's right!" Jack blurts. Olivia sighs. "Well, I am tired of walking."

No comments:

Post a Comment