Followers

Friday, July 7, 2017

Spots or Stripes?

The tie with the big, red polka dots, or the one with the electric blue, vertical stripes? These were Wilber's options. Neither one seemed ideal in my opinion. Both made him look like a clown. Wilber holds up both the ties against his grey suit. "The stripes?" Olivia says, a little unsure of herself. "I was hoping you'd say that." He replies. Wilber places the polka dot tie back in the sock drawer of his oak dresser. He then takes out a bottle of cologne. "Not too much." Olivia says, before he has a chance to spray himself. "What's too much?" "Just a dab. You don't want her to think you bathed in cologne." Wilber sighs deeply. "I should know these things, but I don't." "That's fine. That's why I'm here." "I'm nervous." He admits. "Just be yourself." "Myself? I'm an ex soldier who is trying to reclaim his former life. I have PTSD. I have done things. Terrible things." "Maybe don't mention that ...at least not on the first date." Olivia says. Wilber holds up his grey suit. He looks at his tired, worne face in the mirror. Olivia walks up next to him. She joins him in looking in the mirror. "You'll do just fine."

No comments:

Post a Comment