Followers

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Island of Misfit Toys

"What makes you so sure this isn't just a regular dump?" I ask. "Well.." Olivia searches for something to back up her claim. She picks up a tiny, electronic key chain. It makes beeping noises. "Is that a Giga Pet?" "It is." "So, what is this where relics of the 90's go?" "And older. Look around. This is like the Island of Misfit Toys. All these devices are still good."  I furrow my brow. "Are you suggesting we find a nice home for all these toys?" Olivia shakes her head. "No, but I see no reason why we can't take something with us." "Fair enough. How about this guy?" I say, pointing to the old computer. "I was thinking something a little bit smaller and lighter." "We don't have to take it. We can just see what's on it." Olivia nods. "That does sound intriguing. However, we are faced with one problem." "What's that?" I ask. "No power outlet." "We don't need a power outlet." "Oh, we don't." "Nope. You can generate enough power with your shield." "You think that would work?" She asks, sounding very doubtful of my plan. I smile. "I know it will."

No comments:

Post a Comment