Followers

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

The Arcade

The arcade was truly remarkable. It was filled with nothing but classic 80's games. Pac- Man, Spy Hunter, Centipede, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr. You name it, they had it. But the best part was that there no one else in the arcade. Meaning there was no lines. There was no waiting for any of the games. We could play as long as we desired, and we did. We played for hours. My eyes were blood shot. I wasn't even aware how much time had passed. That is until a man in his forties tapped me on the shoulder. He pointed to the clock on the wall. It read 12 a.m. He didn't seem upset at all, but wanted to let me know that I should probably wrap up my game. I did just that, and I met Olivia outside. It was dark outside, but my fragile eyes could not handle the street lights at the moment. I looked down at my feet, then I heard a door close behind. I turned around to see the man locking up the arcade. I apologize to him again. He smiles and tells me he's glad someone came in. "You don't get a lot of people coming in?" Olivia asks. "Nope. No need for it." "What do you mean?" He shakes his head. "Think about it. No one wants to come in anymore. Not when you can have all these games at home." "But it's so much better at the arcade." I say. He smiles again. "I know that but.." He shrugs. "It's just how things are." "What are you gonna do?" Olivia asks. "Gonna sell it. Or at least sell the games." "That's a shame." Olivia says. He nods slowly. "I know, but I gotta get with the times."

No comments:

Post a Comment