Followers

Sunday, November 5, 2017

Remember Us?

"Excuse me." I say as calmly as I can to the man in the bathrobe. But it is no use. I know that I gave him a freight as he clutches his heart. I apologize many times. "It's ok. My fault. I'm usually awake by now, but I'm not." "Do you remember us?" I ask him. The man studies me and Olivia. "No." "Think real hard." Olivia says. The man blows a raspberry. "I'm sorry. I'm drawing a blank. Who are you?" "We were treat or treaters." I reply. "When?" "Last night." "Is this a joke? Halloween was nearly a week ago." "It was, but the trick or treating went on for days." I say. "Bit early to be drinking. Don't you think?" He sneers. "You don't believe us?" Olivia asks. "No. Of course I don't. Why would I?" "Because you were there." I shout. "If I was there then why don't I remember it?" "Because you were under a spell. We all were." The man lifts up his hand, urging us to stop. "I've had just about enough of this." He starts to walk away. "We're not making it up." He turns around. "Enough. If you don't stop these ridiculous stories I will call the cops." The man walks away into his house. We hear the front door lock behind him. Olivia turns to me. "It did happen, right?" "Of course it did."

No comments:

Post a Comment