Followers

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

The Agent

We did as the agent said, lifting our hands far above our heads. We didn't see the agent as a threat, but sometimes it is better to do what others ask of you. Even if they seem to be a nuisance. "Who do you work for?" He shouts. "We don't work for anybody." I respond. "Who do you work for?" He asks again. "He's telling the truth. We don't work for anybody." Olivia says. "So you two are free agents?" "Something like that." "You know you two stumbled upon top secret government property?" "Yeah, we kinda gathered that." I say. "What did you see?" I shrug. "Nothing we understood." "Even if I believed you I couldn't let you two go." Olivia laughs to herself. "Something funny?" He snaps. "You think you can keep us?" "I do." The agent reaches into his breast pocket. He pulls out two pairs of handcuffs and tosses them to us. "Put them on." "No." "I'm not asking you." Olivia raises her palm. The agent quickly draws his gun on her. "I said put them on."

No comments:

Post a Comment