Followers

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

The Mummy and the Witch

Initially we weren't in the Halloween spirit, and it didn't exactly make sense for us to go trick or treating. But I make up this story as I go, so sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. We went to Mrs. Thomson's house, after that We went to Mr. Judd's, and then the Pike's. That's all we had time for, three houses. Each house was a few miles apart. After the Pike's it was significantly darker outside. Olivia and I decided this would be a nice time to stop. We were tired and not exactly in it. Olivia emptied her pockets. There was only a handful of candy. "That's it?" I say. "That's it." She repeats. "Well, it's more than we had." I say, grabbing a Twix bar. "Yeah, I guess we did alright for ourselves." "Don't tell me you're gonna give up." A voice says. I turn around to see a child dressed as a mummy. "We're old." I say to the mummy. "Nonsense." Another voice shouts. I wonder where it came from. Then all the sudden I see a girl dressed as a witch standing next to the mummy. "Where are your parents?" Olivia asks. "It's Halloween." The mummy responds. "That may be, but I'm sure tick or treating hours are over by now." "They've just started." The witch says. The mummy grabs my hand. "Come on." The witch grabs Olivia's hand. "Candy." "We're really done for the night." Olivia says. "Nonsense." The witch replies. The young trick or treaters are strong. Much stronger than one could have possibly anticipated, and just like that they dragged us out in the night for trick or treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment