Followers

Saturday, November 18, 2017

That Easy

There was a metal divider between us and the driver. So, even if we wanted to we couldn't ask the agent where we were headed. We could hear the thud, thud of the road and a muffler in desperate need of repair . It was our only indication of the outside world. I struggled to get free from the handcuffs. "I don't know why you wanted to go along with this." I say. " I don't know. It seemed like a fun adventure." "Adventure?" I say, in disbelief. "Well, yeah. Does he honestly look like a threat?" "No." "There you go." "I still don't like being in handcuffs." I say. "Come here." I scoot to Olivia. She bends her head low and plucks a bobby pin out of her hair. Then, just like in the movies, she uses the bobby pin to free us of the handcuffs. I rub my wrists where my shackles were. "I can't believe that worked." "Believe it." She replies. I notice shortly after there is no more thud, thud or noisy muffler. "You hear that?" I say. "Hear what?" "Exactly." I clench my fists in anticipation. I knew the door would swing open any minuet and I would be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment