Followers

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Agent Duncan

The man who fainted was Agent Duncan. The desert appeared to have gotten the better of him. His black suit was tattered and his sunglasses were missing the lenses. He groggily opened his eyes. I held up my hands defensively. "We mean you no harm." Then, his expression changed. He furrowed his brow. Agent Duncan reached into his jacket to grab his gun. Olivia kicked his arm away. "He meant what he said." Olivia said. "I know what you did." He replies. "Oh yeah? What did we do?" Olivia asks. "You sent that thing after me." "What thing?" "Don't play dumb. I know what you did." Olivia leans in. "Listen. I don't know what happened to you, but we were in the van when you disappeared." "So, you really didn't unleash that thing?" "No." Agent Duncan sits up. "Where is the van?" "I don't know. I'm not even sure where we are." I say. Agent Duncan squints his eyes. "What's that building over there?" "It's a gas station." I say. "You think they have a phone. My battery died a long time ago." I take a deep breath. "Yeah, probably." I help him off the ground. Olivia and I stand I either side of him. We walk him to the gas station.

No comments:

Post a Comment