Followers

Friday, January 26, 2018

Out of the Desert

A couple miles down the road the scenery drastically changed. There was green grass all around, and the air was not dry. It had moisture in it. Because of this it felt ten degrees cooler. I had heard about this affect before. People move to the desert from the Midwest or wherever. They plant grass and trees. Over time it alters the climate. "I don't see a diner." Olivia says. "How do you know it was a diner?" "It was named Rita's? What else would it be?" "Good point." I reply even though I am not convinced. "What if it's not a diner or a restaurant?"I ask. "You think Rita's refers to an actual house?" "Maybe." Olivia blows a raspberry. She looks around at the hundreds of identical, suburban homes. "If you're right then we'll never find her." She says. "You wanna give up? Do something different?" I ask.
Olivia shakes her head. "Not yet. I'm not ready to give up on the diner idea. "

No comments:

Post a Comment