Followers

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Can't Wait Forever

Hunger began to set in as we waited for Pete. So, we did what any normal person would do in this situation. We raided his refrigerator. The only things we could find was one apple and a hunk of cheese, but we were thankful for something. It would suffice. "Where do you think Pete went to lunch?" I ask. "No idea." "What's around here?" "Not a thing." "How does he stay in business?" "I don't  know. Does it look like I know?" Jim snaps. Jim glances at his watch. "I can't wait around all day." Jim walks to the tunnel. "Don't you want to wait for your brother?" Olivia asks. "No, I don't. I got a business to run. Unlike him." He begins to descend the ladder. "But you came all this way." Olivia shouts. "So what?" He shouts back.

No comments:

Post a Comment