Followers

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Reunited

"What the hell you doing here?" Pete chortles at Jim's remark. "Well, what are you doing here?" He asks again. "Amazing, you go to my store, you scream your head off because I'm not there, and then when I do show up this is the welcome I get?" Jim studies Pete carefully. "Yeah, well, how are you doing?" "Fair to middle." "And how's business?" "Fair to middle." There is an awkward silence followed shortly by an even more awkward hug between the two brothers. "Ya son of a bitch." Jim says. "What? Did you think I wouldn't show?" Jim doesn't respond. "I had to make you sweat just a little bit." Jim shakes his head. Olivia and I start to head out the door. "Where you two going?" Pete asks. I start to reply, but Pete cuts me off. "They friends of yours?" "Not yet." Jim says. "Then they should stay a while. Have a drink." Jim looks at us. "Yes, just one drink." Olivia and I glance at each other and then back at Jim and Pete. "Sure, just one drink."

No comments:

Post a Comment