Followers

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Perfectly Decent Lunch

I got an all American burger in an all American diner. Was it to die for? Not even close. But was it satisfying after a long day in the desert? Yes, yes it was. "I guess this isn't the worst place. It's not exactly the best, but it's also not the worst either." Olivia says. "It's charming, isn't it?" I reply. "That is a word." A waitress comes by. She places the check on the table as she passes. Olivia grabs the check and flips it over. "What does it say?" I ask. "It's the total." "Is there a name though?" "No." I raise my hand. A second later our waitress comes back. "Can I ask your name?" I say to her. She points to a nametag that reads Maxine. "Does a woman named Rita work here?" "She does, but she won't be in till later." "How much later?" I ask.  "A few hours." "We'd like to wait if that's alright." "You gotta order something else. I can't have you just sitting around." "Can we get two coffees?" I ask. She nods slowly. "Coming up."

No comments:

Post a Comment