Followers

Friday, January 5, 2018

Big Jim's Full Service Gas Staion

We found another pointing cactus, followed by another one, and yet another one. It got the the point that we could no longer deny that these pointing cacti were somehow for us. We followed the cacti through many different twists and turns. We eventually ended up at Big Jim's Fulls Service gas station. The sign was rusted and missing letters, but there was and old man out front on a rocking chair. "Are you Big Jim?" I ask as I approach the old man. "Nope, Big Jim was my father. Just call me Jim." He puts out his hand. Olivia and I both shake it. "What can I do you for? You need me to fill up your car? Perhaps clean the windshields?" Olivia and I look at each other. "Actually, we don't have a car." Olivia says. "Then I'm afraid I can't help you." "Can we just step inside your station for five minuets? Maybe use the phone?" I ask. "Sorry, station's for customers only." "We'll pay for an air freshener." Olivia says. "All out." "We'll pay for something." Jim takes a deep breath. "Well, I know my father, Big Jim would never turn down someone in need, let alone the possibility of a dollar." Jim gets out of his chair. He opens the door to the station and ushers us in. "After you."

No comments:

Post a Comment