Followers

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Anchor's Away

There was a long chain that connected  to the bottom of the Wellness Center on one end, and to an anchor that was buried under clouds on the other end. The chain was enormous. It was about 3 feet wide. Cutting it wouldn't be an easy task. "If I had my blow torch we could melt those chains in no time." The Cook thinks out loud. "You have a blow torch?" I ask, excitedly. "Yes. I use it for some dishes. It's in the kitchen though, and I have no idea where that is." "A lot of good that does us." I say under my breath. Olivia kneels down. She begins to brush away some clouds. "What are you doing?" I ask. "I want to unbury the anchor." "That's not a bad idea. At least then we'd know what we're dealing with." I say. The three of us dig through the clouds with our hands. There are many thick, cotton - like layers. The clouds bend, but they don't break. So we have to pull them out slowly and surely bit by bit, and place them to the side. Finally we unearth (or uncloud) the anchor. It is a massive, rusty anchor about 5 feet in height. The cook whistles. "That'll do it. What should we do now?" Before either of us has a chance to explain, the anchor begins to sway back and forth. "I don't think we have to do anything more." Olivia says, glancing at the anchor that is lifting off the ground. Olivia and I jump on to the anchor. "Where are you going?" The Cook shouts. "We have to take care of Todd now. We don't want him getting hurt." Olivia shouts back. "But what about me?" He asks.  "You'll be fine. The clouds will follow us, and if they don't we'll be be back." We watched the Cook become smaller and smaller as we ascend into the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment