Followers

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Hail Storm

I call out Olivia's name, and I am repeatedly met with no response. "You need to revise your strategy." Barry informs. "What do you suggest?" "I don't know, but you need to get in there." I put out my palm. A tiny rain drops splashes off my hand. "Not really. It's only raining." As if on cue it immediately downpours after I finish my sentence. "I've played in the rain before. I can handle this." I say. A sharp, pea sized hail hits me in the head. It hurts like hell. "I have no time for this." Barry pushes me aside. He blocks the falling hail with his back. I look away, but I can hear the hail hitting him. His does his best to catch them with his back, but a few of them crash into the boat which causes small holes. The hail storm is incredibly loud and seems to go on forever. Eventually it stops. I look up at Barry. He has large,  jagged, throwing star shaped hail embedded in his back. "Shit." I say referring to his back. "Tis but a scratch and no more." The clouds part and the sun comes out. Olivia opens her eyes. "Did I fall asleep." She asks while lowing her shield. "You did." I reply. "Did I miss anything good?" "Nothing we couldn't handle." Barry says. A loud falcon cry could be heard overhead. Barry scoffs. "Figures he shows up now."

No comments:

Post a Comment