Followers

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Blueprint

We scaled the inside of the chimney by putting our backs to the wall and pushing up with our legs. It was fun and exhausting at the same time. The chimney felt as if it stretched on for miles. We were relieved when we could finally see the fireplace entrance. We expected to go in through fireplace and come out on the inside of the roof. To our surprise , everything was right side up. We curiously glanced back in the fireplace and wondered how this could be. "Welcome." Todd shouts while our heads are still in the fireplace. We take our heads out to greet him. "How can this be?" I ask. "How can what be?" "The building is upside down, but inside is not." "Everything is upside down at first glance. What do you think of it?" "It's majestic. " Olivia says. "Thank you. It's not finished though." Indeed it wasn't . As spectacular as the entrance was, it was still pretty plain on the inside. There was one hanging chandelier, but that's about it. "So, did you get him?" Todd asks. "He's outside."Olivia replies. "What's he doing out there? Being scary I bet." "He couldn't fit in the chimney." "Yeah, was that the only way to get in?" I add. "Of course that's the only way to get in. That's the entrance. And what do you mean he couldn't get in?" "Have you seen him? He's huge. He's bigger than Andre the Giant." I quip. Todd shakes his head. "No, this will not do. Come with me." We follow Todd down the hall. He takes us to a small room that is filled with stacks and stacks of papers. There is a small, wooden table at the center of the room. Todd unrolls the blueprints of the New Wellness Center. "Alright let's see what we can do. Aha. There is an anchor in the back-" "Why is there an anchor?" I interrupt. "To keep it tethered to the ground." "We didn't need that before." "We're a new Wellness Center. Just stay with me. The minotaur can climb up the anchor." "And he'll have to do that every time?" Olivia asks. "Yeah, I suppose I could set up a pulley system. Make a dumb waiter sort of thing." "Or you could put the building back on the ground." Olivia says. "What's the fun in that? Didn't you guys like coming in through the chimney?" "It was interesting." "I have a feeling the novelty might wear off." Olivia adds. Todd scratches his head. "You two don't know what you're talking about." "Perhaps not." I say under my breath. "Where is everyone else?" Olivia asks. "Around somewhere." "In the building?" "No. No one wanted to help me. They're... I don't know... somewhere." Olivia turns to me. "We need to find them."

No comments:

Post a Comment