Followers

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Lone Gatekeeper

"Peter, what are you doing?" Olivia asks in a quiet voice. "What ever do you mean?" "There's no gate. You're not standing in front of anything." She explains. Peter turns around. He grins at the lack of scenery. "But there will be. My job is here like it always was." "What are you just going to wait for him to build a gate?" I ask. "It will happen." He says. "It may take a while." Peter raises a finger. "But patience is a virtue." "One that I'm not sure I possess." I mutter. "By the way, how does the building look?" He asks. "Well, Todd's officially gone insane." I say. Peter furrows his brow. "The Wellness Center is upside down." Olivia adds. "Then perhaps I shall be upside down." Peter bends over, and like an ostrich he places his head in the clouds. I try to pull his head out, but Olivia stops me. "Just let him be. I have a feeling it's only going to get weirder."

No comments:

Post a Comment