Followers

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Down the Hole

The hole opened up to a three foot drop. We then had to walk through a claustrophobic corridor. Our backs were to one wall and our faces were less than one inch away from the other wall. We cautiously crept through knowing that we could easily get stuck at any moment. Towards the end of the corridor we were greeted by a bright, yellow light. We wondered what could possibly be causing such illumination. We exited the corridor to see a massive underground pond. Swimming in the pond were brightly glowing yellow fish. "They're beautiful." Olivia says in amazement. "Do I know you?" Barry shouts from across the pond. "You do, and we have come for you." I say with clenched fists. Barry laughs. "What's so funny?" I demand. "What makes you think I'd want to leave?" "Because you're lonely?" Olivia suggests. "Minotaurs don't get lonely." He scoffs. "I don't know what we could say to convince you to leave, but we were asked to get you." I say. "By Todd?" He asks. We both nod. "Now I'm definitely not coming back. He let the Wellness Center go to shit." "I know he didn't take care of the Wellness Center like he should have, but we're in charge now, and we're building a bigger and better one. " Olivia declares. "Bigger and better? Does that mean we can have an expanded racket ball court?" He inquires. "Yeah, sure. You can have whatever you want." I reply.  Barry stands up. "Well I'm sold." He examines the corridor we came from. "Don't know if I can fit through there, but I have an idea. Take cover." "Why?" I ask. "Just do as I say." He snarls. We reluctantly walk back into the corridor. Barry pounds his fists violently against the floor. Little bits of rock fall from the ceiling. He pounds harder. The rocks are bigger and bigger. He pounds continuously harder and harder. The rocks turns to boulders. Before we know it the cave is all but gone and we are two humans and a Minotaur standing standing in rubble by the side of the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment