Followers

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Between Walls

The hole in the wall was narrow, but we were able to push in the edges and make it wider. On the other side was a dark, narrow tunnel. Bits of light would would shine in here and there. Olivia guessed that we were between walls. I placed my eye against on of the many cracks to check out Olivia's theory. I could see soldiers resting in their barracks. It was lights out which also meant that Olivia and I  were to step even lighter than before. To do that we walked ever so slowly. It must have taken an hour just to move a foot, but we reached the end of the tunnel without causing a ruckus . The only problem was that we were now at a dead end again, and this time there were no cracks in the wall to peak in. Olivia placed her ear against the wall. "You hear anything?" I ask. "No." I place my ear against the wall. "Do you have any luck." She asks. "No, but let's wait here for a minuet. We're bound to hear something."

No comments:

Post a Comment