Followers

Monday, August 1, 2016

Mess Hall

Olivia, Todd, and I soon found ourselves in the mess hall. It was filled with loud  soldiers and dead eyed lunch ladies who served a grey meal of some sort. The three of us sat at a table far away from the other soldiers and examined our food. "What do you think it is?" Todd asks. "I don't know. It's food of some sort." I  reply. "You gonna eat it?" Olivia asks. Before either Todd or myself could answer Davies sat down at our table. "Sure they will. They'll eat it." "What is it?" I ask. "Doesn't matter. Eat it." He says. I reluctantly take a bite of the grey gruel. It had a strange taste. It was meaty and tough, but cold and wet at the same time. "Not so bad is it?" I choose not to say anything. "You three are in trouble." He says sternly, changing the subject. "What did we do?" I ask. "You didn't wait for me to come back. You left without me." "We didn't know we were supposed to wait." Olivia says. "You should have. You don't do anything from now on without  my or Eagle Eye's permission. You got that?" We all slowly nod our heads. "I know that raccoon is your friend, but I can't have you visiting him anymore. At least not at the same time. You proved you can't handle that." "Can I at least visit him now?" Olivia asks. "Are you kidding me? You want to visit him now?" He questions. Olivia nods."Why do you want to visit him now?" "Someone has to give him his food." She says. "You're right. Someone has to give him his food, but it doesn't have to be any of you. I'll find a guy to do it." "It's just..." Olivia starts. "It's just what?" He snaps. "It's just it would be good for him to see a friendly face." "You're right." Davies turns to Todd. "You're coming with me to bring their food." "Why me?" Todd asks, befuddled. "Because you didn't ask. Come on up." Todd gets up out of his seat. Davies then addresses me and Olivia. "You two stay here. I'll know if you left."

No comments:

Post a Comment