Followers

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Killing TIme

Some people can block out certain noises. I can not do that, at least not with clocks. I try. I close my eyes and think of a happy place, but that ticking noise never stops. Once you notice it, it is impossible not to. For me at least. Olivia has no problem tuning it out somehow. She sits next to me with her legs crossed in a meditative position. Good for her, but I need to do something a bit more drastic. I stand up on the couch and grope the edges of the clock in search of an off switch. No such luck, but I don't give up. There had to be something. Unfortunately my curiosity would get the better of me. The giant clock started to come off the wall. Olivia was still meditating, blissfully unaware. I shouted at her that clock was falling and we didn't have much time, but she couldn't hear me. I had to do something. I lept forward pushing Olivia off the couch in the process. A second later the clock crashed into the couch. "Did you do that?" Olivia asked about the wreckage. "Yeah." Olivia whistles. "Thanks for getting me out of the way." "I had to. You would have been squished like a bug." Olivia gets up and examines the new hole in the wall. "Well, looks like we found a way out."

No comments:

Post a Comment