Followers

Friday, August 12, 2016

Waiting Room

Tick, tick, tick. Olivia sat under a giant, analog clock. The kind that grade schools use, but bigger. Much, much bigger. So big that it took up half the wall. It wasn't a bad room to be stuck in. There were comfortable chairs, the temperature was perfect, and it was well lit. There just wasn't anything to do in there . That's all. By the time Eagle Eyes opened the steal door, and threw me in Olivia was beyond happy. Not even because it was me, but that she would now have someone to distract her bored mind. "How was it?" She asks excitedly, wrapping her arms around me. "Weird." I answer simply. She breaks away from the hug. "That's all you have to say?" "Well, I don't think I'm on his good side anymore." "I gathered that from you being down here. What happened?" She asks. "Oh, he wanted me to shoot the sun." "He wanted you to shoot the sun?" She repeats. "Yeah, strange right?" "It is. But that's all he wanted you to do?" "As far as I know." "Ok. Did you shoot it at least?" I shake my head. "Why not?" "Because the sun looked like a smiley face." Olivia squints her eyes. "What?" "You know, It looked like one of those yellow smiley faces. They were really popular in the 70's." "I know what that is. It really looked like that though?" "It did." "That's a little disturbing. I can't say I blame you for not shooting it." Olivia takes a breath. "And then what?" "And then he wasn't happy. So, now I'm here. What is this place anyways?" " I was told it was the it is the waiting room." "What are we waiting for?" Olivia shrugs. "We're waiting. That's all I know."

No comments:

Post a Comment