Followers

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Things to Smash With

I punched the wall as hard as I could. The impact created little knuckle sized dents. I knew that if I continued to pound it that eventually we'd be able to break through to the other side and rescue Norm.  However, Olivia was less than impressed. "What are you doing?" She cried. "Norm is trapped. So I'm doing what I can to save him." "You're gonna turn you hand into dust." "You have a better idea?" "Maybe. Just stop hitting it." I comply with Olivia's wish. "Let's see if we can find anything in the waiting room."  We casually walk back to the waiting room. It's in the same disarray it was before. Shards of glass and bits of the broken couch are everywhere. Olivia picks up a couch leg. "This could work." She declares. I stare at the leg as if it were a foreign item. "You know it will." I nod and pick up a particularly  sharp piece of glass. "Yeah, but I'm grabbing this too." "Go for it." We stroll back to the wall. This time we are ready with a bludgeon and dagger. As soon as we are about to strike the wall, we hear an angry command from down the hall. "You there! Stop what you are doing." "You think we should stop?" I ask. "No, I think we should smash faster."

No comments:

Post a Comment