Followers

Saturday, August 20, 2016

New Position

Initially Davies and Todd did not see eye to eye, but it did not take long at all for Davies to sway Todd's view. On the way up to Eagle Eye's office, Davies filled Todd's head with ideas of finally getting the respect he deserves. The door to the office was ajar, suggesting that Eagle Eyes was waiting for them. Davies pushed the door all the way open. This time Eagle Eyes did not have his back to anybody. Instead he was seated at the window sill, admiring the newly lit city. Neither Davies nor Todd said a word. They waited a minute for Eagle Eyes to speak. "This was all my doing." He says, looking out the window. "And what glorious work it is." Davies replies. Eagle Eyes turns his attention to Todd. "Your employee had a chance to be in on this. You know, the one with the red cape?" "I think I know who you are talking about." Eagle Eyes nods. "He could have been a part of this, but he refused to help." "What exactly did you want him to do?" Todd asks. "It does not matter." Eagle Eyes takes a pause before continuing. "Is it true he was a general?" "Yes, technically." "What do you mean technically?" Eagle Eyes questions. "It was a merely a strategy he did to save his own skin. He knows nothing of the art of war, or much else for that matter." "That's obvious." Eagle Eyes snickers. He then stands up and walks toward Todd. "I know a bit about you as well." "What do you know?" Todd asks, nervously. "I know that you were in charge of the health and wellness of many people, but I don't care to go into the abstract right now." "What do you want to know then?" "I've done some research and I've noticed every single building you've worked in was destroyed in some way. You want to know what I think?" Todd gulps. "It's those clowns you've been hanging around with. They are responsible, not you. You create. You don't destroy." "I certainly try to create." "You do. You create, and you create well. That's why you will make a newer, stronger fortress for us." "I suppose I could." Eagle Eyes half smiles. "You will. Davies will make sure of it." Todd glances back at Davies to see him cracking his knuckles.

No comments:

Post a Comment