Followers

Friday, August 19, 2016

Inside His Head

"You know why I picked you out, don't you?" Davies asks while walking Todd down a cold, dark corridor. "It's something I know, isn't it?" "You could say that. As a boss I would assume you would know much." "You would be correct." Todd responds, feeling flattered someone notices his depth and intelligence. Davies stops abruptly. "But what do you know?" " I know lots of things." "But specifically. What is your areas of expertise?" He asks. "My position has changed over time slightly."  Todd says, hesitantly. "Then in your prime. What was it?" "I oversaw the health and wellness of my people and -" "Your people?" "Yes, my people?" "So, you are saying you had a society?" Davies snarls. Todd nods. "Precisely." "And where did the other two fit into your society?" "They were a splinter group. They set out to discover the unknown." Todd explained. "Sounds like they're a bit nosey." "They can be." "I sense some animosity in your voice." Davies points out. "It's fine." Todd says, brushing it off. "They don't respect you. Do they?" Todd looks away before responding. "Not as much as they should." Davies shakes his head. "It's a shame. They don't understand your potential." "They do they just ..." "They just what?" Todd does not respond. "You can't even reply. You don't need them. Stick with us. We will give you the respect you deserve."

No comments:

Post a Comment