Followers

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Hide Jack

When I left the sewer and the underground months ago I said to myself "never again." Little did I know that the sewer was not done with me yet. Olivia and I found a manhole in our journey  out of town. We convinced ourselves, and Jack that the best thing we could do was to hide him underground. We realized that it would be nearly impossible to climb down the stairs while he was still in chains, but for some reason our trust levels were unusually high. So, we took off his chains and ventured into the foul underground. It smelled worse than I remembered. I coughed uncontrollably. I almost threw up. Perhaps Jack was taking pity on me, but he informed me I didn't have to stay. "We have to hide you." I say through coughs. "Trust me. I'm well hidden." "No one's gonna want to go down here." Olivia says to me. "She's right." Jack replies. I shake Jack's hand. "I need you to do one more thing for me though." He says. "What's that?" I ask. "The knife."

No comments:

Post a Comment