Followers

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Back in Jay's Office

The officer takes us to the break room. Or should I say the office? Jay's office. Jay stands in center of the room with a stern look upon his face and his arms crossed. The officer blocks the doorway. " Here we are again." Jay says to us. " Here we are again." Olivia replies. "What do you know?" He asks us. " About what?" I respond, trying to play dumb. Jay inches closer to us. " How much do you know?"  "Why did you let us escape?" Olivia asks, changing the subject. Jay chuckles to himself. " I must be a trusting guy." He says. "Or a dumb guy." Olivia responds. "If I were in your position, I wouldn't make comments like that." Jay warns. " We don't know anything." I tell him. "Why should I believe you? Who do you work for?"  Olivia and I turn and look at each other in puzzlement. "Nobody." I respond. "You don't work for anybody? I find that hard to believe because people don't just go poking around factories. " I shrug. "Maybe we do." Jay clenches his fists in frustration. " This looks like industrial espionage." "It's not." I try to assure him. Jay pauses to think for a moment. " I don't know what to do." He says. "You could let us go." Olivia tells him. Jay shake his head. "No, I have something better in mind."

No comments:

Post a Comment