Followers

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Transformation

" I don't trust you. Either of you." Jay says to us while pacing back and forth in the break room. " How can we change your mind?" I ask. "Work for me." He replies, sternly. "That doesn't sound so bad" Olivia says. Jay laughs to himself. He opens the refrigerator door. " It does sound wonderful, doesn't it?" He pulls a mason jar out of the refrigerator. It is filled with a yellow liquid. "Do you know what this is?" "Urine?" I reply. Jay smiles. " I want you all to sit down." Olivia and I sit with Jay at an open table. Jay looks up at the officer, still guarding the exit. " That means you too." The officer complies and sits with us. " Now, officer, may I have your hand?" "Are you proposing to me?" He asks, sarcastically. "Officer, please." The officer reluctantly places his hand out. Jay removes the mason jar lid and pours the yellow liquid onto the officer's hand. The officer immediately jumps up. "What are you doing? That shit burns." "I'm demonstrating. Watch." Jay instructs us. The yellow liquid spreads and starts to harden. "What's happening? My hand feels metallic." The officer cries out. "This has to stop." Olivia shouts as she shoots hearts into Jay's chest. Jay takes a deep breath and his posture becomes more relaxed. "I'm sorry, but I had to show you what this product was capable of." He says calmly. "Yeah that's great. Now turn him back." Olivia responds. "I'm afraid this process is irreversible." He tells us. "What did he say?" The officer asks while staring at the yellow that has now spread to his wrist. "I'm afraid there is nothing we can do." Jay informs the officer. "There has to be something we could do." Olivia says. "Well, we could severe his arm. That could decrease any further infection." "Fuck that." The officer shouts out. "What will happen to him if we don't figure this out?" I ask. Jay pauses for a moment. "He'll be in agonizing pain for a while." "And then what?" I ask. "Nothing." "Nothing?" Olivia questions. "Nothing. He'll just be one of my workers."

No comments:

Post a Comment