Followers

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The Boss's Ride

There are certain times in which asking for permission is more of a hindrance than anything else. This is one of those times. We made a hasty exit out of the factory to find the boss's bright red convertible parked in the back. Something that flashy had to belong to him. The color, the leather uphostery, everything about this car screamed out "I'm important! Pay attention to me!" That and there were no other cars in the parking lot, so it was safe to assume it was his. Olivia rubs her hand along the driver's side door. "It's beautiful." She says in awe. " I know, I can't believe it belongs to him." "What do you mean?" Olivia asks. " It always seemed like a young person car to me." "No, young people dream of cars like this, but older people are the one's who can afford it." She exclaims. I smile in agreement. " Ok, you ready to take off?" I ask. "Just toss me the keys." I throw Olivia the key. She furrows her brow. " This is the key from the break room." She quips.  " Oh, you think it'll work?" "Not a chance."  I scratch my head. "What do you know about hot wiring?"

No comments:

Post a Comment