Followers

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Wall off the Kitchen

" I don't feel comfortable letting you into my home without a warrant." A nervous Rosie tells the officer. "I was afraid you'd say that. So I brought one with me." Overhearing this brief conversation, Olivia and I search for an exit. "Where do we go?" I ask. " I don't know." "Any idea what we should do?" "Yes." Olivia replies as calmly as she can. Olivia opens her hands and holds them up in the doorway to the kitchen. A pink stream emerges from her palms. It slowly turns into a bubble that covers the whole kitchen. The officer walks into the doorway. He takes off his aviator sunglasses and stares at the pink bubble in awe. " What is that? Some kind of electromagnetic force field?" He asks. "Something like that." Olivia says. "I've heard about those. Never actually seen once close up." He says. "What do you want?" I ask, impatiently. "So quick to jump the gun. You guys don't trust authority, do you? Can't say I blame you I guess." The officer leans against the wall. " Only problem is you two fit the description of two suspects I'm looking for. " There is a brief silence. "Gonna give me the silent treatment, eh? That's ok because I know a few other things about electromagnetic force fields." Olivia's eyes widen. " That's right, I know that if the subject is tired the force field will weaken." He continues. The officer momentarily walks out of sight. He comes back with an unopened box and sits down on it. " With that being said, I'm willing to wait."

No comments:

Post a Comment