Followers

Saturday, November 8, 2014

On the Road

It's an unwritten rule that if you drive a convertible you have to have the top down. Even if it is below zero and you know you will be sick the next day. It just does not look right otherwise. So that's what we're doing. Driving on the open road with the top down. At least for a few miles ... or blocks. I raise both of my hands as if I were on a roller coaster. "Exciting, isn't it?" Olivia asks. " Yeah, so what's the name of the town we're going into?" "Mapleville." "Mapleville? That sounds quaint." Olivia smiles. " It does, doesn't it?" " Maybe we'll be able to get a home made pie." I suggest. " Or a warm sweater!" She shouts out excitedly. " Or a huge thing of maple syrup." There is a brief silence after my suggestion. " Yes, you can get a jar of maple syrup." She tries to say with a straight face. " At any rate, we should probably stop for directions." I tell her. "Are you kidding me? I'm not stopping." She insists.  "But we don't know where we're going." " We'll get there." I decide to try a different angle. " If we stop, we can get gummies." I say, hoping it might work. Olivia eases her grip on the steering wheel and looks at me briefly. " You sure know the way to my heart." I pump my fist in victory. " Just one thing. Can we put the top back?" She asks sweetly. " Yes, I was waiting for you to ask."

No comments:

Post a Comment