Followers

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Coffee for Three

For me, drinking coffee is like playing Russian Roulette every time. Some days it will calm my nerves, others it will make me jittery and on edge. I don't quite get it myself, but that is how it is. Fortunately, today it is the former. "Where are they now?" Olivia asks after taking a sip of her coffee. "Another factory." The boss replies simply. " What's the name of the factory?" I pry. The boss smirks. " You really expect me to tell you that?" Olivia rolls her eyes and shoots another round of hearts into his chest. The boss stares off into space, as if his memory had just been erased. " I have to get back to work." He says. The  boss pushes his chair out from the table. "Wait, what is the name of the factory?" I ask again, hoping it will work this time. " I can't tell you that." "Why not?" Olivia asks, trying to block the doorway.  The boss gently moves her to the side and opens the door. " I don't know, but maybe if you keep digging you'll find what you're looking for." The boss exits the break room, and closes the door behind him. Olivia attempts to open the door only to find that this door, our one exit, is blocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment