Followers

Friday, November 21, 2014

Flashing Lights

Blue and red lights flash through Rosie's living room window just as we are on the verge of understanding what this new element means. " They're on to me!" Rosie cries out. "How would they know?" Olivia asks. " I have no clue how they work, but they know that I have been talking." Rosie ushers us to move out of the room. "Where should we go?" I ask. "Any room. As long as it is out of sight. Go, I'll take care of this." Olivia and I scatter into her cluttered kitchen. There is not much space. If one were to open the oven or dishwasher, the door would crash into the island. A faulty design, and a wonder how any one could do any cooking or anything in here. But as it is the closest room without any windows, it works as a safe haven for us. We hear a loud knock on the door. " Just a moment." Rosie replies. The squeaky front door opens and Rosie is greeted by an officer with a New England accent. " Afternoon ma'am, I'm responding to a report about a stolen car." "I don't know anything about a stolen car." She responds innocently. " I'm afraid the convertible in your driveway matches what we're looking for. Do you mind if I step inside?"

No comments:

Post a Comment