Followers

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Chaos and Inspiration

The world is so big, especially when you are only 3 inches tall. We stand on an artist's desk. The
steep incline is rough on my ankles, so I decide to sit. "Sorry about the mess." The animator says to us. I take a good look at his small studio apartment. All the dirty windows are cracked open, ushering a draft that scatters the many piles of loose papers. " I like a little mess." I affirm. The animator chuckles to himself. "You're a freak, aren't you?" "Oh yeah." Olivia says, jumping in. "Personally, I find it easier to think when thing's are like this." I tell him. The animator knowingly nods. "I'm a bit like that. When everything is neat and organized, it's like I slow down." "But doesn't it feel better being in a clean room?" Olivia asks. "No doubt. But too clean is not good." He explains. Olivia looks down. " I don't understand, but I want to." The animator opens a drawer and pulls out a partially melted, red candle. "You know what this is?" He asks. "A candle?" Olivia says, unsure of herself. "Today, yes. Tomorrow, who knows?" He says. "I don't follow." Olivia admits. "Me either." I tell him. The animator takes a deep breath before continuing. "Seemingly it appears to be garbage, but it could trigger all sorts of memories that would inspire me." "But anything could trigger a memory, even a paper clip." I tell him. The animator shakes his head no. " Not always. Sometimes the memories leave the object, and it must be discarded." "Does the candle bring back any memories today?" Olivia asks. "Yes, when I couldn't afford my electricity." The animator holds the candle up to his face. He smiles, then places it back in the drawer. "That will always have memories for me." He says. "Hard times behind you?" I ask. "Those hard times, yes." The animator rolls back in his chair. "But what do you think of my studio?" He asks. "I would like to see more." I say. The animator holds out this hand. "Then jump on."

No comments:

Post a Comment