Followers

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Selfie

I have in my possession a magic camera. It automatically transfers any picture I take to Olivia. You say to yourself, that doesn't sound amazing. What if I told you that it's not digital, and that I have no idea where Olivia is. Yet, some how within moments of me taking a picture, she receives the image. It is a strange, fascinating phenomena. Still, I want more. She's there and I'm here. I have no idea how to bring here nor go there. The best thing I can do is send her a picture of myself. I doubt I'll physically transport. Most likely, she'll get a paper copy of my image, but then again I haven't tried it. I extend my arm and prepare for a selfie. I take the shot. The flash nearly blinds me. I see blue and orange dots everywhere. My phone buzzes. "Hello." I respond. "Hey, why are you making a weird face in this picture?" Olivia asks. "Oh, I forgot to take the flash off." I hear giggling on the other end. " I don't suppose you have any ideas, do you?" I ask. "Can't say I do. How many pictures do you have left?" "5." "That's not a lot." She says. "No, it is not." "Hmm, well you'll figure it out." Olivia hangs up the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment