Followers

Monday, March 9, 2015

We're All Here

With a mighty flash of yellow and orange, the image of Olivia in the sky disappears. I rub my weary eyes and look away. "Was that it?" The manager asks me. I shrug. " I guess." "It seems anti climactic to me. " She responds. While I agree with her statement, I don't know what she was expecting. I don't know what I was expecting either. I'm not even sure if it will work. I practically put all my eggs in one basket on this shot. "Now what?" The cashier asks. I look down at the impulse items. I snatch a pack of Bubblicious gum. "Now I buy this." I say. She rigs me up. Mid transaction I am distracted by the front door creaking open. I crane my head and view Olivia cheerily walking in. She stops at each flower I took a picture of and smells them. Olivia piers up from her flower and sees me by the checkout desk. She runs over to me, throwing her arms out. "There you are!" She says in excitement. "You knew I was here." I tell her. Olivia squints at me with a sideways look. "Did I?" It is with that question that I have no idea whether she was clueless about my whereabouts or if she was playing me. She snaps me out of my questioning mode. "Ready to explore?" Sure, why not. What does it matter how go she got here. She's here now and that's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment