Followers

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Teacher?

Growing up, climbing fences wasn't necessary. It was just fun. It was almost a sport. I would race my friends going up the baseball cages. See who could reach the top the quickest. It's been while since I've climbed a fence, but it all comes back to me. I curl my fingers like a claw. I climb like a monkey. I'm so fast that I don't realize Olivia is struggling at the bottom. "I don't think I'm wearing the right shoes for this." She shouts. I slide down to her."How are you so good at this?" She asks. "Years of practice." Olivia rolls her eyes. I instruct her as best I can. I really don't think I'm a great teacher. Things that come natural to me I have a hard time explaining. But Olivia is patient as I attempt to show rather than tell her how to climb. We make it to the other side. Slightly out of breath, but gleaming with the knowledge that we transcended a physical barrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment