Followers

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Coyote



I see Olivia jauntily walking down the path. I wonder if she saw my George of the Jungle routine. Should I put on a brave face, hiding the pain below? Might as well. I'm fine , I don't want to worry her. She nears closer. I sit up and put on an "everything's ok " grin.
"What happened?" She asks me. "That obvious, huh?" "Many things you are, a Shakespearean actor is not one of them." I prop myself up further. "So, what happened?" She asks. "I hit a tree and fell." Olivia stares at me, unflinching. "You gonna say I told you so?" I ask. "Is that what you want me to say?" I scratch my head. "No, but-" "But what?" I sigh. "But you warned me, and I did it anyways." Olivia sits down next to me. "I know.Maybe that's how you have to learn." "Isn't that frustrating?" Olivia rests her hand on my knee. "It often tests my patience, but I try to find the humor in it." She says. I smile. " I guess it was kinda funny." Olivia smiles back. She takes the camera off my shoulder. "It wouldn't have been funny if this broke." She declares. I laugh. "No, seriously, your bones can heal, but how would we repair the magic camera?" I shrug. "There's about four pictures left. You wanna use it?" I suggest. "Not yet. With only four pictures left, we can only use it on the most special of all things. We'll hold on to it though."

No comments:

Post a Comment