Followers

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Drafty Sudio

We rest comfortably in the crevasses of the animator's hand. It is hard to see much of anything. His fingers are curled inward. A bit of a nuisance,but at least it prevents us from rolling off. A cold draft flows through the apartment. It makes me shiver, which in turn causes me to shake the hand. "Are you cold?" He asks. " A little." I respond. He places us back on the desk and shuts the windows. "I'm sorry , I like the cold air. But it's probably harder for you two as you are much smaller than I." "Don't worry about it." Olivia insists. The animator sits on his chair. "Well, this is my place. It's not much, but it's mine." He tells us. "I like it." Olivia says. The animator quickly glances over his place. "Yeah, it's not bad." He lets out a sigh. "It's a place to put my head." He continues. "And you've got your work." I add. The animator grins. "Yes, my work." "Don't you like it?" Olivia asks. "I do, but I'm merely a background animator. Even after my best work, no one notices, let alone cares." "Don't be so hard on yourself." I say. "I'm not. I'm the one who sets the mood and tone. I'm the one who pours my heart and soul into every detail, but no one cares." He says, despairingly. "I'm sure there are a select few who notice." I tell him. "There are. Even still though, my efforts go largely unnoticed." "Do you want to do something else?" Olivia asks. The animator shakes his head. "No, because even if I didn't have a small, very small fan base, I would still be compelled to do this. " He says with his head down. " I'm sorry, I think I'm just in a dark place this afternoon. " He continues. " I know how to get you out of there." Olivia says. He lifts his head up. "How?" He asks. "You're clever. Figure out a way to get us normal size."

No comments:

Post a Comment