Followers

Monday, March 2, 2015

Flower Shop

It's beyond me why I chose to take a picture of a closed screen door. One thing I know for sure, it's time to stop letting doors and other roadblocks get in my way. I'll start with this screen door. I pull the door open. It creeks and there is a wind chime on the other side. A good sign if you ask me. It's a very welcoming feeling. Inside looks like a garden. There is a an array of flowers. Flowers of every size, shape and color. Tulips, roses, carnations, you name it. There are so many flowers that I almost can't see the teenage girl and her manager behind the counter. I over hear bits and pieces of their conversation. The girl is anxious about her her upcoming ACT tests. Her manager feels old because she remembers taking that test in the early 2,000's. My cell phone buzzes. Curious, I answer. "Why did you send me a picture of a closed screen door?" A puzzled Olivia asks me. "I'm not sure myself." I respond. "It's not a bad picture, just an odd subject matter. Where are you, anyways?" She asks. "I'm in a flower shop in a tree." "Wait? Why didn't you take a picture of a flower?" "I just got here. Hold on, how did you get that picture, I didn't use a digital camera?" There is a slight pause. "Beats me, but send me a picture of some flowers." She requests.
I am in a room full of beautiful flowers and I have 11 pictures left on my magic camera. I take five good shots of orchids, lilies, hydrangeas, marigolds, and sunflowers. Olivia calls me back with glee. "Baby, they're beautiful. I want to be with you." "I could take a picture of myself, but then I'd end back at the museum." I say. " How do I get there?" Olivia asks. "I don't know." "How did you get there?" "I don't know." "But you're there." She says, confused. "That I am. I wish I could understand the mechanics of metaphysical reality jumping better, but I'll figure out how I can get you here."

No comments:

Post a Comment