Followers

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Free Fall



We're falling faster than ever. In a matter of seconds we'll hit the sidewalk. This would be a fatal fall for a normal sized person. I can only imagine how deadly the impact would be for someone who is only a few inches tall. We'd splatter on the cold concrete. No one would think anything of it. They'd see our mangled, unrecognizable bodies and assume we were squished insects. I flap my arms, hoping that maybe I'd be able to fly. If just for a moment. No such luck. My life flashes before my eyes. Mostly fragments. Nothing I could discern, or put into words. Olivia appears calm. She is in the swan dive position. I try to yell to her. I want to warn her about our upcoming doom, but because of the speeds we are falling, my voice can't reach her. Soon we will become a Jackson Pollock painting. I cringe, preparing for the worst. Right as we are about to meet our maker, I hear a pop, and we are stopped less than a foot from the ground. I look up to see we are encased in a pink bubble. Olivia winks at me. We gracefully ascend into the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment