Followers

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Manager's Assistance

When questions about the mysterious of life surface, who better to ask than the cashier at the flower shop? The teen aged girl looks dwarfed behind the checkout desk. You can barely see her because of all the bouquets. I notice some oddly placed impulse items. Colorful candy and bubble gum. I guess it makes sense. Little children coming in the flower shop with a parent." May I help you?" The teen age cashier asks. I look up from the display of candy. "Yeah, what do you know about teleportation?" I ask. "Excuse me?" She stares at me like a deer in headlights. "Teleportation, like Nightcrawler?" "Who?" "Nightcrawler? From the X - Men?" She looks somewhat scared. This bit of trivia is beyond her. " I never read the X - Men." She confesses. "He was also in one of the movies." She shakes her head. "Never saw the movies either." "That's ok, what do you know about teleportation?" "I don't know what that is." "Sure you do. It's traveling from one destination to another in a split second." She raises an eyebrow. "That's not possible." She responds. "It is. I don't know how to control it though." The cashier yells to her manager. "Susan!" The manager rushes in from the back of the store. "What's the problem?" She asks. "This guy is being weird." She tells her. The manager looks at me. "Do I have to ask you to leave?" "No, I just wanted to know more about teleportation." The manager glares at me. "See, I told you he was being weird." The cashier chimes in. The manager hushes her. "Hold on, I want to hear what he has to say." She gives me the "proceed " look. "I was with my girlfriend in New York...literally a second later I'm here. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to bring her here." "Pay for her plane ticket." The manager says, bluntly. "You don't believe me, do you?" "No." "This will change your mind." I say as I take a picture of the manager. She rubs her eyes. "Why?" She asks. My phone buzzes. I set it to speaker and crank the volume. "Baby, who is that?" Olivia asks from too far away. "That's the manager of the flower shop. She didn't believe me about my teleportation travels. I think she does now." I explain. "I do. I've never seen anything like this." She confirms. " I don't suppose they have any ideas, do they?" Olivia asks. The manager replies no. The cashier shakes her head. "How many pictures do you have left?"Olivia asks. "Four." I reply. "Ok, I may have an idea. You're gonna give your camera to the manager, but stay on the phone." I hand the manager my camera. "Now what?" "Look straight ahead. She's gonna take your picture."

No comments:

Post a Comment