Followers

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Picture Me

Orange and yellow spots hypnotize me. Before I have the slight chance to move, Olivia instructs me to stay absolutely still. One wouldn't think it would be a difficult task. However, the natural reaction is to look away. As hard as it may be, I remain perfectly still. My unblinking eyes watering. "I see you! Don't look away yet!" She shouts. I won't, but I really want to scratch my nose. Why is it your nose only itches at the most unfortunate moments? "Slowly raise your right hand." She instructs. I do so and I can hear her squeal with delight. "You just moved on the picture. Can you see me?" She asks. " No, I can't see anything." "Blink and focus your eyes." I do. Never thought it would feel so good to blink. At first I don't see much. It's like looking through a cloud or a camera with Vaseline on the lens. I focus harder. I can see Olivia looking down on me. A giant in the sky. "Whoa, do I look like Mike T.V.?" I ask in awe. " No because that would make me your mother and that's disturbing." "You could be Willy Wonka. He was also in that scene." Olivia thinks for a moment. " I could be Willy Wonka." "You'd make a damn good Willy Wonka." Olivia smiles. "Now, put out your hand and ask the manager for the camera." I do so without making any eye contact. She places it in my hand. "Good, now take a picture of me." I let out a deep breath, feeling wonderful that this problem is over. I aim the camera high in the sky and prepare to shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment