Followers

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

On the Bridge

After spending some time in the flower shop, sniffing just about every single flower, we went to the bridge. The one I had tried to photograph previously. It's windy today. Much windier than the last time I ventured to this spot. We practically have to hold on for dear life as the bridge sways back and forth. My heart pounds. In a way it's a good feeling, let's you know you're alive. "How long have you been here?" I ask. "We just got here." Olivia shouts over the heavy winds. "I mean in the tree house village." Olivia smiles. "Not long. I knew you'd figure out a way to bring me here." "So you hadn't been here all along?" "Of course not, but what fun is it unless I can mess with your head?" I shake my head and marvel and the earth below me. It's a breathtaking view, and a deadly drop. "I wanted to take a picture of this, but I couldn't get it right." I explain. "That's sweet. I'm here now though. You don't need to take a picture." I wrap my left arm around her, holding tight to the bridge with my right hand. "What do you want to do now?" I ask. "I just want to enjoy this right now."

No comments:

Post a Comment