Followers

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Norm and Jones Talk

Norm watched us leave and then turned his head to Jones. "Tell me, why should I trust you?" He asks. "By all accounts, you probably shouldn't." "Then why am I?" "Because you know I can help." Norm sighs. "Yeah, I do. So, what's the first step?" Norm asks. "Shut up." "Excuse me?" "Shut up." Jones repeats. Not a second later a frail man walks in. He wears a white lab coat, and has rectangular glasses. "Talking, are we?" He asks Norm. "Just small talk." Norm responds. The doctor walks to the middle of the room. He pulls the curtain shut, blocking Norm from seeing Jones. "You aren't to be talking." "I know. I was bored." "You are much too weak to be talking. Now give me your bed pan." Norm reaches under himself and hands the doctor the bed pan. He examines it quickly. "This is empty." "I know. You said to hand it to you." Norm replies. The doctor looks at Norm sternly. "You told Davies this was full." "Did I?" "You did." "Well, my body went through a tremendous amount of trauma. So I probably said some weird stuff." "Is there any thing you need then?" The doctor asks coldly. "Not that I can think of." "Good. Dinner will be in an hour. I'll send someone down." The doctor walks away. Jones waits moment before talking. "This may be harder than I thought." "What are you talking about? That was a piece of cake." Norm says. "Don't be naive. They're on to us." "Yeah? Then what do you suggest?" "We can discuss plans, but this curtain must be shut, and please keep an eye out. We can not trust anybody."

No comments:

Post a Comment